There have been a number of scholarly works which have either made use of data from the Ace Community Survey, or cited our analysis of the results. The following is a list of papers, posters, and other academic works that we know of.
Current known works, in alphabetical order by author:
- Antonsen, A. N., Zdaniuk, B., Yule, M., Brotto, L. A. (2020). Ace and Aro: Understanding Differences in Romantic Attractions Among Persons Identifying as Asexual. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 49, 1615–1630. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-019-01600-1
- Brotto, L., & Yule, M. (2017). Asexuality: Sexual Orientation, Paraphilia, Sexual Dysfunction, or None of the Above? Archives of Sexual Behavior, 46, 619-627. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-016-0802-7
- Canning, D. A. (2015). Queering Asexuality: Asexual-Inclusion in Queer Spaces. McNair Scholars Research Journal, 8(1), 55-74. http://commons.emich.edu/mcnair/vol8/iss1/6/
- Canning, D A. (2016). Asexuality and Boundaries in Online Discourse. Senior honors theses, 468. http://commons.emich.edu/honors/468/
- Copulsky, D. (2019). At the Intersection of Polyamory and Asexuality. In B. L. Simula, J. Sumera, & A. Miller (Eds.), Expanding the Rainbow: Exploring the Relationships of Bi, Polyamorous, Kinky, Ace, Intersex, and Trans People. (Vol. 12, Teaching Gender, pp. 199-208). Leiden: Brill Sense https://brill.com/view/title/56121?lang=en
- Dawson, M., McDonnell, L., & Scott, S. (2016). Negotiating the boundaries of intimacy: the personal lives of asexual people. The Sociological Review, 64(2), 349-365. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1467-954X.12362/full
- Fink, B. (2018). Asexual Community Participation: How Often? Why? Why not? The Asexual, 2(1), 25-32. http://theasexual.com/s/TheAsexualVol2Iss1.pdf
- Gurevitch, J. M. (2019). A Rethinking of Gray Asexuality: What do we Learn from an UndefinableIdentity? Honors Theses. Paper 967. https://digitalcommons.colby.edu/honorstheses/967
- Kosciw, J. G., Greytak, E. A., Zongrone, A. D., Clark, C. M., & Truong, N. L. (2018). The 2017 National School Climate Survey: The experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer youth in our nation’s schools. New York: GLSEN. https://www.glsen.org/sites/default/files/GLSEN%202017%20National%20School%20Climate%20Survey%20(NSCS)%20-%20Full%20Report.pdf
- Rothblum, E. D., Krueger, E. A., Kittle, K. R., Meyer, I. H. (2019). Prevalence of Asexuality Among Sexual Minority Adults. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 48, 1-11.
- Tlachac, M., & Hart-Brinson, P. (2015, April). Asexuality: an emerging sexual orientation and identity. Paper and poster presented at the UWEC Celebration of Excellence in Research and Creative Activity, Eau Claire, Wisconsin. https://people.uwec.edu/hartbrin/assets/pdf/Tlachac_Asexuality_posterfinal.pdf
- Yule, M. A., Brotto, L. A., & Gorzalka, B. B. (2017). Sexual Fantasy and Masturbation Among Asexual Individuals: An In-Depth Exploration. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 46, 311-328. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-016-0870-8
- Zheng, L., & Su, Y. (2018). Patterns of Asexuality in China: Sexual Activity, Sexual and Romantic Attraction, and Sexual Desire. Archives of Sexual Behavior. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-018-1158-y
Here we also list of works that cited the 2011 Asexual Awareness Week Community Census, which is our spiritual predecessor (but not officially affiliated).
- Mark Carrigan (2015). Asexuality. In Richards C., Barker M.J. (eds), The Palgrave Handbook of the Psychology of Sexuality and Gender (pp. 7-23). London, U.K.: Palgrave Macmillan. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1057/9781137345899_2
- Chasin, C. D. (2014). Making Sense in and of the Asexual Community: Navigating Relationships and Identities in a Context of Resistance. Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, 25(2), 167-180. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/casp.2203/full